Exceptional Eye Care & The Latest Technology
At Kids Eye Care of Maryland we specialize in pediatric ophthalmology and adult strabismus, utilizing the latest technology to ensure that each patient receives a precise and comprehensive evaluation prior to treatment. We can safely and accurately evaluate the youngest of children, even premature infants, as well as children with special needs. Our practice has been participating in clinical research with the National Institutes of Health since the late 1990’s, and we are proud to include the following:
- We utilize trusted and state-of-the-art equipment including, Retinomax automated and streak retinoscopes, Heine ophthalmoscopes, Haag-Streit slit-lamp biomicroscopy, Nidek VersaCam fundus photography, visual field, and non-contact Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT).
- We are adept at micro-incisional strabismus surgery. One of our own surgeons, Dr. Rosin, has invented his own micro-forceps.
- We perform bladeless Balloon Dacryoplasty and sutureless micro-stents for nasolacrimal disorders.
- We provide minor eyelid surgery and no-stitch chalazion excisions.
- We utilize Laser Diode Photocoagulation as well as Bevacizumab/Avastin intravitreal injection on premature infants with ROP.
- We perform dilated fundoscopy and monitoring for glaucoma suspect, genetic disorders, diabetic care, rheumatologic care, congenital and degenerative retinal anomalies, Juvenile X-linked Retinoschisis, Vigabatrin/Sabril and Retinoblastoma.
- We have been a leader in clinical research in the Pediatric Eye Disease Investigator Group (PEDIG) since the late 1990’s, providing access to potential new therapies for children with amblyopia and other conditions.
- We provide eyeglass services with the safest and most advanced lenses and frames for children at our Optical dispensary in Rockville.